Friday, January 12, 2018

Writing Prompts: Romance


I love romance as much as the next girl does. The crying, the laughing, the love, it makes you feel all warm inside. But the romance in books is the best as it gives in the thoughts of the relationship. Writing romance story is hard, as it often becomes a cliche. So, I have compiled this list of the best romance prompts to give you that kick for starting.




  • "I was just kinda of hoping that you'd y'know... fall in love with me"
  • She thought she was alone in the gym so she decided to sing eye of the tiger at the top of her lungs while exercising. He found it so entertaining that he just had to meet her.
  • Their hands met, reaching for the same book.
  • "Okay, yes, I am in love with you." "I knew it!"
  • When someone's heart breaks so does a piece of our world; this creates fissures, valleys, and even cracks in the pavement. Tell the story behind the Grand Canyon.
  • "You gotta stop doing that." "What?" "Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
  • A mighty king disguises himself as a peasant, to search for a maiden who will love him for who he is, and not just his kingdom.
  • "Take my hand" "Why?" "I am trying to ask you to marry me, so take my hand, darn it!"
  • A princess who falls in love with a gladiator
  • "When I first saw her I didn't really see her, just the pile of books she was carrying."
  • He looks at her like he just realized what love is
  • The world was collapsing, and the only thing that mattered to me was that she was alive
  • "Why am I so fascinated by you?"
  • "She's crying, what do I do?" "Go comfort her." "How do I do that?" "With hugs" "With what?"
  • He did not love her. At least, that's what he told himself before he left. 
  • Instead of two rebellious lovers going against their parents,  have two rebellious people who hate each other, yet their families want them to marry.
  • She was the only one who loved him for who he was.
  • Your soulmate's first words they say to you are written on your skin.
  • They were looking, but I didn't care. I ran to him anyways. 
  • The High Queen slid through the hidden passage to meet with her imprisoned love.
  • When people reach 18 years old, they stop aging until they meet their soulmate so they can grow old together.
  • A love story based on the unlikely romance of two famous people from history.
  • Everything is black and white until you meet your soulmate when everything turns to color. But when your soul mate dies, everything goes back to black and white
  • He knew that he was home when her lips touched his
  • I live in the apartment next door and every time you cook you set off the smoke alarm so I am here to teach you how to cook.

Hope these help!


Notes from Naomi

1 comment:

living from glory to glory said...

Very cute and I am inspired to at least watch a good romance...
Love, makes the world go round!!
I love one liners...